RFI

Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: Dale Johnson <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 13:37:12 -0600
I was a big WLS fan as a teenager in Western Wisconsin with my *transistor*
next to my ear at night….(radio).

Dale k9vuj

On 15, Dec 2019, at 13:26, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On 12/15/2019 6:40 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
> The problem with that approach is that most AM stations are strong enough to
> override RFI, in most locations, on the AM broadcast band.

That's not even close to being true. More than 30 years ago, a colleague who
was Chief Engineer at WLS, a 50kW clear channel station licensed to Chicago
with a transmitter site SW of the city center, found that his station could not
be heard through the noise in Ford vehicles in the northern parts of the city.
Noise conditions are FAR worse today.

Growing up in WV in the '50s, our NBC radio affiliate was WLW, a 50kW clear
channel station on 700 kHz, 125 miles away.

73, Jim K9YC