RFI

Re: [RFI] Actually an AFI Question ...

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Actually an AFI Question ...
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:43:14 -0500
David Clark, Bose, and others make noise canceling headphones, so yes,
something like that is possible.  David Clark is well known by
airplane pilots.

And I've seen (but not read) papers about reducing echoes in sound
reinforcement.

But I'm no expert on the details.

> Would it be possible to detect thumpa-thumpa loud car
> audio and transmit sound that would cancel that sound?

It seems like it might be difficult to achieve over any area (such as
a room), since you would need to replicate the actual direction of the
incident sound waves too.

Maybe you should check out those Bose headphones you may have seen
advertised on TV.  I've never used them, but I hear they work.

If not, go with the nuke.

I'm assuming you've already checked into whether your town has a noise
ordinance.

Andy