RFI

Re: [RFI] The new light bulbs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] The new light bulbs
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:14:42 -0500
IMO, very good write-up, Dale (WA9ENA).

One of the side-effects of the restrictions on certain types/wattages
of incandescents, I fear, is that they will be / have been forced out
of the incandescent business entirely, since it is no longer
profitable for them to continue making incandescent bulbs in the less
common wattages and shapes.  So we may see supplies of those drying up
even though they are still allowed.

I have been worrying about a few in my home, including ceiling floods
on a dimmer, halogen driveway lights in a miniature size that fits
inside a reflector, refrigerator/oven bulbs, etc.  Even automobile
lamps.

A year or so ago, I read that one of the major incandescent bulb
manufacturers around here packed up and shut down, due to this very
loss of business.  How bad will the fall-out be?

Andy