RFI

Re: [RFI] Cell Phone Charger Duracell made in China

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cell Phone Charger Duracell made in China
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:20:20 -0600
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 13:37, Dale Svetanoff <svetanoff@earthlink.net> wrote:

> voltages as low as 7.5 VDC using the SAME connector (the so-called "barrel"
> type) as devices that operate on 9 VDC, 12 VDC, and even 28 VDC.  The

But I bet none of those 12 or 28s are new.  With the cellphone
industry trying to standardize on USB Micro B, I would assume that
manufacturers of other devices would want to leverage that if
technically possible.

Think what would happen if all phones, smart, dumb, or otherwise, and
music players (OTA or recorded) all used the same charger.  How many
manufacturers would save a few bucks in cost by not bothering to ship
a wart at all (which also frees them with having to produce different
warts for different wall sockets/voltages)?  Probably most of them.

I think it will be great.