RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 00:05:09 -0500
> It's my understanding that the CFL is an interim measure, just as is
> Ethanol in gas. At least that is the way they were presented.

I wasn't aware of that.

I might not assume they will go that way (though they may).  Market
forces will do what they do, having a mind of their own, and it all
depends on how well the LEDs fare.  If for some reason they don't
catch on, we could be stuck with CFLs for a long time.  With supplies
of incandescents drying up real fast, that line is probably gone for
good.

> However the no one gets excited about a broken fluorescent tube which is
> much larger than any CFL I've seen so I think the worry over broken CFLs
> is blown a bit out of proportion.

In school we were taught to LEAVE THE ROOM IMMEDIATELY if a
fluorescent tube broke; so there were exceptions, even 4 decades ago.

Regards,
Andy