RFI

[RFI] DSL RFI Problem Solved

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] DSL RFI Problem Solved
From: "Bill Gillenwater" <gillie@pa.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:33:07 -0400
Here is what I did to eliminate the 80 meter RFI problem with my DSL modem.
Thanks to Rick, N6PE for the help. His recommendation solved my problem. I can
run high power and no issue with DSL lock-ups.

"Take an RG-8 type snap-on F, strip the outer covering off a 10 to 15 foot
phone chord. I left about 6 inches on each connector end. You should find a red
and green wire, careful some modems use R/G some B/Y. If your cord has 4 wires,
cut out the unused B/Y. Then you can get about 40 turns on the core. I can run
a full KW without knocking off the modem now."

Thanks again to Rick, N6PE.

73 Bill K3SV