RFI

No subject

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: Dave D'Epagnier" <DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:29:03 -0700
Hello,
I've got a tower with a triband yagi at 35'. It is located 50' from a
10kv power line with the antenna at about the same height as the power
line. I'm getting real bad static on 15m and am wondering if it has
something to do with the power line. Can anybody tell me how I can
diagnose this problem? I have walked around my yard with a battery
powered hf receiver on 15m and have noticed some interference when
getting close to the power pole that has the transformer bucket on it.
Is this normal or is there something the power company can do to help
solve this?
thanks,

Dave

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html