RFI

[RFI] Whirlpool 465 Oven Door Latch Solenoid RFI

To: "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Whirlpool 465 Oven Door Latch Solenoid RFI
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:12:57 -0600
Hi all,

Strong RF from a low dipole is triggering the door latch solenoid on a
Whirlpool 465 gas oven.  I installed an ac line filter but that didn't change
anything.  I have a training manual that shows the wiring for the solenoid and
the next step will likely be adding ferrite corres to the controller followed
by adding an on-off switch to the solenoid since it's only activated during the
self-cleaning cycle. However, if anybody has cured a similar problem, I would
be interested in hearing how you did it.

73, Ward N0AX