RFI

[RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 20:25:21 -0700
I would also be interested to hear about others' experience with hardwired
smoke/fire/CO2 detectors.  Building codes now require new construction to
have hardwired/interconnected smoke detectors.  I read lots of horror
stories about hardwired smoke detectors on the web.  All of the ionization
type smoke detectors and CO2 detectors in my house have no RFI/EMI
problems, but both of the photoelectric fire detectors chirp when I run
QRO.  I have to pull out the battery when I run QRO.  That wouldn't be so
easy with a hardwired detector, so I'd like to know how to avoid problems.
Will ferrite beads on the leads be sufficient?  Are there brands that are
known to be less problematic?