RFI

Re: [RFI] Smart meters

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smart meters
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:16:15 -0600
I learn a lot from this list.

I've learned that CFLs are evil for various reasons, often because
they have tiny amounts of mercury or because their color temp is not
exactly equal to that of Edison bulbs.  (Even though mine seem to cut
a lot from my energy bill, don't fail very often, and can't be heard
on HF but never mind that)

I've learned that power companies (and/or governments - not sure
which) are evil because they are making rate payers pay the true cost
of the energy they use instead of being able to charge much more than
the cost of generation at off-peak hours so that large users are
subsidized by other rate payers at peak times.  (Even though my rates
have dropped off-peak and programming my thermostat to set to a higher
temp in summer peak periods has made no difference in my life).

I also learn that Smart Meters are evil (and probably a UN mandate)
and need to be stopped.  (Even though I've had a PLC-based smart meter
for 5+ years and can't hear it on HF and have 35-cm RF based smart
meters in the neighborhood and can't hear them either).

Absolutely worth the price of admission!