RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Edge Prototype Optimizer

To: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Edge Prototype Optimizer
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 16:13:04 +0000
Since ARRL is working closely with SolarEdge, I'd suggest they have ARRL
evaluate it before cranking up production.  Or, they could pass it through
a accredited lab for an engineering only evaluation.  Engineering
evaluations are offered by most labs at a much reduced cost and no formal
report.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 4:44 AM Tony <73guddx@gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I just received word from Solar Edge about a prototype Optimizer that's
> supposed to reduce HF interference caused by their solar panel systems.
> It's scheduled to be manufactured in November and the SE engineer I
> spoke with said that my neighbors system would be the perfect candidate
> for the new prototype.
>
> This will be the 3rd attempt by Solar Edge to try and resolve the
> interference which began in 2016 so any reduction in noise would be a
> welcomed relief.
>
> Will keep you posted.
>
> Tony -K2MO

*Dave - WØLEV*