RFI

Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fw: SBE Legislative Alert

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>, "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>, <proaudio@bach.pgm.com>, "sc-05-05" <sc-05-05@standards.aes.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fw: SBE Legislative Alert
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:59:34 -0400
Sounds like a way to get lobbist embedded in the FCC.  There is no lack of
talent in the FCC as far as I can tell and I have spent a good portion of my
time there over the past 30yrs.

The executives can request presentations from industry leaders and experts
any time they want. In fact the industry is typically begging to get an
audience with the FCC folks.  I'm lucky to work just a few miles from the
FCC HQ and have attended many forums hosted by the FCC.  There is 'no' lack
of expertise or the availability of industry experts at the FCC as best I
can tell.

I suspect this is just another political ploy, sponsored by some bought
politician in hopes that insiders can effect wanted regulation or the lack
of it so as to benefit special interest groups who have at times been unable
to influence the FCC ;-)  Some that have been successful like Verizon and
AT&T are now facing some competition from smaller wireless oeprators and an
FCC that is desparately seeking ways to ensure broadband wireless services
are provisioned at reasonable prices to the to the other 50% of the US
population, those folks that don't live in the largest 200 cites in the USA.
The effect to the US economy of having broadband to those other 50% is
significant.

So, yes please do your research into this bill and be sure you know WHAT YOU
ARE SUPPORTING!  Be sure it benefits you and not some special interest
group...

73,
dave
wa3gin