RFI

[RFI] Neon signs?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Neon signs?
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:08:37 -0600
Hi Bob,

I don't have any experience with neon signs.  I'd start by contacting the
owners and find out who is the manufacturer of the signs.  Then try calling
the mfr for some help.  They may have a fix they can send out to the shops
using their signs.

If the mfrs don't help, determine which ones are the offending signs and
contact the sign owners and provide them with information about FCC Part 15.
Offer them some info about EMI reduction using ferrites and suggest they get
an electrician to fix the signs (i.e. install ferrites) so that they comply
with the law.

I don't know if ferrites on the AC line would work, but I'd think they
should.  If it doesn't work, you'll need to get them to remove the signs.
You'll probably need to try and bluff the owners warning that the FCC is
currently enforcing Part 15 against PG&E (I think it's PG&E) and may level
fines for inaction.

Good luck!
73,
de ed -K0iL