RFI

[RFI] RFI Noise Problems

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Noise Problems
From: "t.izak" <k1tl@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:12:50 -0400
Hi Gang,

Been having this RFI noise issue now for the past few months. Comes on at
different times since it is on a timer type system. We lost power a few
times and this dis-rupted the timer so it came on later, etc.

It was off for a few days and thought whatever it was, finally burned out.
Then it came back on 24 hrs for about three days straight then finally went
back to the 12-16/hr stint.

I got it on tape yday aftn as it now comes on @ 6:00p.m.  At first, I can
hear a "click" sound (all was recorded in AM mode on a K3), then came the
igniting of something or other and then it had a "whirring" sound like a
motor spinning. This was for about 5-10 secs then it sounded like it finally
came up to speed and had a "buzzing" sound for the noise issu but you could
still hear the whinning thru the buzzing. I only recorded about 2-3 mins of
it.

My next door neighbor has an in-ground pool and I asked him to turn off the
main breaker to see if it was his house the RFI was coming from...still had
the noise issue but don't know if he understood what I was telling him to do
about turning off the "main breaker". I have my 6m yagi pointed in the peak
direction of the RFI noise and seems to be centered over his house.  There
are two other houses I can check later but does anybody have any idea what
type of apparatus this might be creating this RFI?

HELP !

Many thanks,
73
Tom/k1tl...