RFI

Re: [RFI] Light Dimmer

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Light Dimmer
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:48:18 -0600
The Lutron dimmers I have in the house here are quiet. Recommended.

For the bulbs, I've found all of the FEIT brand bulbs sold by Costco to be quiet also.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com

On 12/10/19 3:35 PM, ve3yv@pathcom.com wrote:
FWIW - my experience:  incandesent dimmers don't always work on LED bulbs -
dimmable or otherwise.  I also discovered that not all LED dimmers are
equal.  In this case, I installed LED pot lights and they recommended a
Luxton dimmer.  I bought another brand at a big box and it was toast in
under 2 weeks (total load 140 wts on a 600 wt rating).  Went to electrical
supply house to get recommended after consulting with manufactuer support.
Now at 1 year +.  There are some intersting articles about leading v.
trailing edge dimmers for LED lights.  apparently it can matter.

73 George  VE3YV / K8HI