RFI

[RFI] Computer monitor RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer monitor RFI
From: Swilsonac6@aol.com (Swilsonac6@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:55:08 EST
In a message dated 12/26/99 7:19:28 20:09:00 GMT Standard Time,
Swilsonac6@aol.com writes:

<<  writelog@contesting.com, logwindows@qth.net, rfi@contesting.com,
wf1b-rtty@wf1b.com >>

Thanks for the helpful suggestions for the cause and cure of my monitor RFI
problem.  It appears the video card in my new computer is at least a large
part of the problem.

The new computer (500Mhz Pentium 3) has a Diamond Fire GL1000 Pro in a AGP
slot.  It was really noisy with my new NEC Multisync 19' monitor but
acceptable with my NEC MultiSync 4FGe 15" monitor.

Because I was having problems getting RITTY to work with my new computer's
sound card (no DMA high !!) I switched in my old Pentium 90 computer for the
rtty Roundup contest and found no noise with either monitor.  This unit uses
a diamond Multisync Stealth 64 card in a PCI slot.

Really need to start swapping cards to make this more than a guess but have
been distracted my the holidays and a new tower installation so thought I
would check back.

Again thanks for the help,

Steve  AC6DR

--