RFI

[RFI] Wideband 80m Noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Wideband 80m Noise
From: Ed Richardson <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:52:33 -0500
I have been plagued with a wideband
noise at my QTH for quite some time. It basically covers the 1.8 to 4.5 MHz
band
with noise with the a noise peak around 3.6 MHz. However it appears to have
changed recently and spectrally it is noise with very sharp nulls every 5 kHz.
Spectrally it looks like CDMA signals with a 2.5KHz code rate parked right next
to each other. I have removed power from my home and the noise persists so it
is
something in the neighborhood.

The noise does get turned off at
times usually early in the morning, but this is not consistent. It makes me
think it may be a TV or light but does anyone have a spectrogram of plasma TV
noise? As soon as it warms up above freezing outside, I will go searching with
portable radio..

Anyone with ideas or
suggestions?
Ed