RFI

Re: [RFI] HVAC Variable Speed Motors

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] HVAC Variable Speed Motors
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:19:18 -0500
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:28, W2RU - Bud Hippisley
<W2RU@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Give York credit for instantly responding with information about their RFI
> Kit (which, by the way, is a stock item in their Oklahoma facility), but
> wouldn't it be nicer if a little more time and pennies had been put into
> minimizing the loop areas and doing some other

So that's what they do up there (the Johnson Controls, nee York, nee
Westinghouse plant is here in Norman).

I have a WaterFurnace Envision and I don't hear it.  Or at least if
there is RFI, it's not enough to bother me.

I hear my Whirlpool Duet washing machine (oh, do I hear it).

But the heatpump is quiet.  Looking at the specs, though, it seems to
have a variable-speed fan.  Maybe they shield?  They have extensive
documentation on their site if folks are interested.