RFI

[RFI] RFI on TV while using dummy load

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI on TV while using dummy load
From: Jay Jackson" <JACKSON@fcc.gov (Jay Jackson)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 07:50:46 -0500
Could also be 3rd harmonic into TV Channel 3, if that's what TV is tuned to.
If there's mixing diode in dish, harmonic could be generated there.  But all
this seems unlikely with a non-radiating load.   Perhaps it is AC line
coupling.  Good luck.
BC Jay Jackson, Jr.  W4VG

>>> "Charles T Johnston" <charles@ab7sl.com> 14-Feb-00 6:27:56 PM >>>

Since the TVI is only on 15M and without knowing the year and model of TV
set affected I would comment that older TV sets have a 21Mhz IF strip.
This may be why all other bands are TVI free,

Charles T Johnston - AB7SL
charles@ab7sl.com

AB7SL- Ham Radio Pages
http://www.ab7sl.com