RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Best time for W1 to FT5XO

To: <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Best time for W1 to FT5XO
From: "Ed Magnuson" <W1MAG@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:40:27 -0500
Jim, their signal was easy to copy along the Mass border with NY at about 7
am this morning on 20.  I was copying long path.  I caught them on sideband
at 7:09 am and figured they might move to RTTY soon and when they did, I was
ready. Got them simplex on 14087 at 7:26 am just before they went split--and
before they began transmitting in reverse.  Pure luck, I guess, but then my
pure living deserves its rewards.

Before that, their CW sig on 10104 at 9:32 pm made an easy catch when I
transmitted up one.

So there is a chance for our area if the pattern holds and they do a repeat
on RTTY Tuesday morning. Or if they would just do RTTY on 30 meters tonight.
Good luck.

Ed, W1MAG