RTTY

Re: [RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem

To: "'Barry'" <w2up3@verizon.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:04:28 -0400
Barry,

There are a lot of USB to Serial adapters that do not support
5 bit codes or data rates less than 300 bps.  With those adapters,
you will need to use EXTFSK (even with FSK on TxD).

Using a generic USB to COM converter with FSK on TxD, CW on DTR
and PTT on RTS works fine with most software that uses MMTTY for
RTTY as long as the application suspends MMTTY when not in RTTY
mode and releases the serial port (to MMTTY) when in RTTY.  Those
applications that do not do so will require two USB -> Serial
converters: one for CW/PTT and one for FSK/PTT.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV