RTTY

Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: "'rtty-contesting.com'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 14:00:39 -0600
I guess you could spend over $2000 and buy one of these STS modems off eBay in
order to monitor Pactor 4 traffic (oh, I see a
stripped down model for only %1500 also on eBay). But who would do that? Not
sure if you have to buy a license to operate Pactor 4
or not.

So I guess it's not encrypted if you are willing to spend the money.

Don AA5AU

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 13:14:24 -0600
Message: 6

That's another problem. We WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT! It will be encrypted!!!

73, Don AA5AU

Don,

Funny thing about the reference to encryption and plain text..........  here is
a full editorial from ARRL Central about that very
topic (the October 2013 It Seems To Us in QST):

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QST/This%20Month%20in%20QST/October%202013/OCTOBER%20editorial.pdf

73,
Ben - WB2RHM