RTTY

[RTTY] which rtty terminal unit should I use?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] which rtty terminal unit should I use?
From: W5XR@zianet.com (W5XR)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:15:44 -0600
Hi Bill,

This is a very good way to find what works best for you.  I have done the
same thing a couple of times.  For about a month, I ran a PK-232 and a KAM
side by side.  There was essentially no difference.  As I recall, one was a
little better under selective fading conditions, and the other was better at
handling static crashes.  I have never tried RiTTY because of the sound card
compatibility problem you mentioned.  I have also compared the KAM and
PK-232 with an AEA CP-100 TU.  The CP-100 wins hands down.  I have also
compared the CP-100 to MMTTY, Hamscope 1.3 and RCKTTY.  The CP-100 beats
them all.  However I have heard at least one other ham that had better luck
with the soundcard programs.  The software I like best for the CP-100 is
BMKmulty.   But this is a DOS program and doesn't have all the 'automagical'
bells and whistles built in.  WF1B s/w with work with a TU as well as TNCs.
I wish MMTTY could be made to work with a TU.

73. Bob, W5XR