RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Options

To: "'Earl'" <n5zm@arrl.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Options
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <W4TV@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:19:46 -0500
Earl,

I am told that Santa Cruz is no longer in the soundcard business.
If you happen to have a card or can find one at a close out they
are excellent.

In the meantime I have just received a SoundBlaster Audigy SE
($29.99 direct from Creative).  It is a 24 bit card but has the
separate mic and line inputs that are key to making much of the
software work to its full potential.

I hope to have time to set up a test session among an old SB
PCI, SB Live Value (both 16 bit cards), the Audigy SE, a SB 24
External (only one input) and a SoundBlaster MP3 (external) in
the next day.  I will post the results to the microHAM list
when the tests are complete.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America