RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?
From: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:04:07 +0100
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 16:04, Barry wrote:
> Listening to the VU7 pileup on 20m this morning.
>
> He calls CQ NA, EU still calls.
> He comes back and gives a report to K9RB 3 times within 10 minutes and
> hundreds keep calling.
> RTTY ops didn't used to act like this.  That's why I like(d) RTTY.  What
> happened?

Nothing, at least since 2001. When I was operating as XP1AB from Greenland I
saw exactly the same, with a clear differentiation between continents.

If you ask JA to stby, they wait patiently.

If you ask NA to wait, most of them wait patiently.

If you ask EU to wait, all start transmitting at once because they only
saw "EU" in the last over. Horrific.

Even if you ask "pse JA<call_fragment> only" many other EU stations transmit
nevertheless.

Yes, that was in RTTY. In 2001. Sad, very sad. I wont go into differentiating
between various EU countries, but I think there is also a clear pattern. Some
behave better, others do not.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR