RTTY

[RTTY] AA6YQ-FIR-512 Ignore Framing Error

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] AA6YQ-FIR-512 Ignore Framing Error
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:23:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dave,

I am curious about the Ignore Framing Error setting in your  FIR-512.  All
I know about it is what I read (below) in the Help file and  my
interpretation is that it would have only a marginal positive effect, if  at
all.   No
other profile I've encountered sets it ON.  In my  own experiments with
FIR-512 I've turned it both ON and OFF, but so far I  can't see much of an
effect
either way.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

Ignore  Framing Error

When the ignore framing error box  is checked on Option | Setup MMTTY |
Decode tab, the data are captured  without regard to the stop bits. This leads
to decoding of uncertain  letters–there will be print of poor copy,  but
there is a high likelihood of garbled (wrong)  characters.

In a message dated 1/21/2011 2:46:04 A.M. GMT Standard Time,
aa6yq@ambersoft.com writes:

>>>Besides the tight filter around the received singal,  the AA6YQ-FIR-512
profile is configured to enable majority logic and to  ignore framing
errors.

73,

Dave,  AA6YQ