RTTY

Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:33:44 -0500
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 04:55, Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>  OK, so I'm moaning. There is a point however. The operator still has to copy
> the CALL SIGN plus the AREA code ( NY, NJ etc., )  and although I did  not
> make that many Q's, it really was amazing how many stations did not stay
> around for confirmation OR, more

Agreed, the RST is a waste of airtime - replace it with something
unique, I say.  There are tests that include time and names, just to
spice things up, and there should be more.

I'm always amused at the folks who have some kind of FRIENDS file or
whatever that has me as N9UWY from my time in Illinois when I was
N5UWY/9.  It was wrong then and "wrong-er" now!  But no amount of
repeating my call will get them to fix it.  Fine, they lose the
points, not me.

N5UW also has many RTTY QSOs as well, and probably in LOTW ... and as
far as I know, he's pretty much a CW man.  :-)

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!