RTTY

[RTTY] Fw: [illinoisdigitalham] ALE Sounding. What is it and howdoes it

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Fw: [illinoisdigitalham] ALE Sounding. What is it and howdoes it work?
From: George Henry <ka3hsw@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:08:54 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
You guys will get a kick out of this...  I posted a message to the
IllinoisDigitalHam group at Yahoo groups calling the "soundings" by ALE
(Automated Link Establishment) stations illegal one-way transmissions, and this
is the response from our good friend Bonnie Crystal, KQ6XA.  I think you'll all
agree that it simply defies logic...

Have a box of tissues handy - you'll be laughing 'til you cry!

(BTW, I forwarded her explanation to Chuck Skolaut at the ARRL Regulatory
Information service for his opinion, so I can post an authoritative response to
her BS)

73,

George, KA3HSW