RTTY

[RTTY] USB/Serial Interface Adapter

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] USB/Serial Interface Adapter
From: Bill and Pam Leahy <ssi2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:33:12 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to all on the reflector for the help with the setup. The problem was
with the adapter automatically assigning comm 13 to the port. After reading the
emails on how to set up a different number on the comport, in my case comm 2, I
had success using the EXTFSK with MMTTY. The next job was to interface MMTTY to
Writelog. The only hiccup I had was when I tried to assign comm 2 to RTTYWrite.
It showed the comm port unavailable. The comm was not being used for radio
control, and the only other thing I could think of was that I had just set comm
2 up for MMTTY. I went back to MMTTY and checked "NO COMM" Port on the TX page.
I went back to RTTYWrite in Writelog and it accepted comm 2. Thanks to AA5AU
for his great help on his web page. It turns out that Writelog has a device in
its software like EXTFSK in MMTTY for running USB adapters. I guess the two
were in conflict and when I turned off the port in MMTTY it worked fine. When
using Writelog, the FSK out port is assigned by R
 ttyWrite and not MMTTY. There seems to be no problem with the speed of this
adapter (Keyspan USA-19HS).

Thanks again for all the help,

Bill Leahy, K0MP/T32MP