RTTY

[RTTY] Minor chuckle

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Minor chuckle
From: vk4uc at ozemail.com.au (John Cashen)
Date: Mon Feb 3 21:40:11 2003
"Did anyone else notice the anti-piracy message AH3D is sending using
K6STI's software? It's obviously Bernie's legal copy which he is using
with a different callsign.
Yes, I know, too much time on my hands. :-)
73, Bill W7TI"

As far as I know K6STI will still "Licence"  RITTY 4.53 to those who
contact him by snail mail.  He doesn't upgrade it anymore, but it works
with Writelog trouble free (within its stated DOS limitations). I'm pretty
sure that if Bernie had written Brian requesting a licencing module for
AH3D he would have gotten it right away at no cost.  I have done just that
in the past.

BTW RITTY's opening Logo states that it is "Copyright 1995-2003".

As had previously been noted on this reflector, RITTY is, argueably, the
best low signal-to noise rtty "contest" decoder available. I find it works
very well in high QRM/pileup conditions.  Which makes me wonder why Bernie
was having so much trouble working a huge 20M European pile spread out over
10 KHz yesterday at 0600-0800z yesterday (3 Feb). His rate was agonizingly
slow.   He had done much better and really ran the 15M JA and W/VE pileups
quite well on earlier days.   Perhaps he failed to put it into the FREEZE
mode and switch the FLYWHEEL to full on.

73,  John  VK4UC