RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

To: Dave Barr <k2yg@verizon.net>,RTTY Contesting Submissions <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:50:08 +0000
Dave,

Excellent point. I know that every one on this list knows this.

I have developed a pattern over the years, especially since my call sign
is long and when I have to tack a "/4" on it just get worse.

I like to make one x3 call (de w6ihg w6ihg w6ihg) after the DX turns it
over. If no response, then I
hit a quick x1 call (w6ihg) and keep repeating that with at least equal
listening time to
see what the DX is doing. That way, at most, I usually hear the last part
of the DX transmission and know to listen to see who he is calling. Makes
it almost like break-in cw.

Jerry, W6IHG