RTTY

Re: [RTTY] [WriteLog] RTTY FKey Memory line for "W8XXX NOW W9AAA"

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [WriteLog] RTTY FKey Memory line for "W8XXX NOW W9AAA"
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 14:25:47 -0600
I don't use Writelog, so I can't help you there. There really isn't a "fast track" you are asking for because the setup is unique and requires some understanding of what goes on "under the covers" when using it.

When using N1MM Plus, there are two methods to generate the result you have seen. One uses the "Grab box" and the other uses the "Call Stacking" feature of that program. Below are the two macros that are used. In addition, there are settings in the CONFIG menu that need to be set so the program knows you want to use this feature. It's not "automatic".

{TX}{ENTER} ! {LOGTHENGRAB} TU NOW {F5}{F2}{RX}
and
{TX}{ENTER} ! {LOGTHENPOP} TU NOW {F5}{F2}{RX}

These are detailed in the N1MM Plus documentation but that doesn't help you with any other program.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 1/2/2015 2:06 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
I recommend subscribing to the NCJ if you enjoy radio sport.  Sent directly
to you 6 times a year.

To the point of the original post, an adequate response requires more than a
simple reflector posting in order for someone to gain proficiency in what's
behind the "W8XXX NOW W9AAA" transmission.

Hence, reference to a two part column in the next two issues of the NCJ.
The basics of call sign queuing are addressed along with specific details on
how to implement it in WriteLog, N1MM Logger Plus and Win-Test.

Ed W0YK

Dave N3BUO wrote:

Thanks Ed, we will just run out and buy one at our local magazine store. Oh
that's right no one carries this magazine any more at the news stands.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:

Read the RTTY Contesting column in the Jan/Feb 2015 issue of the NCJ
and see if that answers your question(s).

Ed W0YK

Clay N9IO wrote:

I have only seen a couple of RTTY ops while working a pileup transmit
"W8XXX NOW W9AAA" I have not figured out how to be that proficient
during an rtty run.

Anyone care to share the "trick memory line code" what am I not getting?
Probably simple, right?
I use Writelog currently for rtty with my Flex6300.

Thanks, looking for the fast track before RTTY RU.

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ
http://www.w9az.com/