RTTY

RE: [RTTY] RIGrunner?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RIGrunner?
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:11:26 -0700
At 08:37 AM 5/31/2004, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
>The PowerPole connectors are really nice too.
>
>What's really great about the unit, is if you have a power supply failure, you
>don't have to rewire everything to a new supply.  Just plug the new supply into
>the RIGrunner.  I've had about three power supply failures in the last 10 years
>or so (all during RTTY contests).  It doesn't happen often, but if it happens
>in
>the middle of a contest, switching supplies can be done quickly.

Another bonus is that you can add a rigrunner to your car. I have a small
rigrunner mounted under the drivers seat with a big cable running straight from
the battery (fused at the battery of course). I can take any 12V powered device
from the shack and run it mobile or portable in the car - plug and play.

73 - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/