RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Reminder: subject lines

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Reminder: subject lines
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:15:45 -0500
At 02:14 PM 11/1/2004, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

A large amount of spam (10-30 messages/day) hits the RTTY reflector. I tend to
delete spam without looking at the content.  Please give your messages
meaningful subject lines to help me avoid deleting your message accidentally.
Subject lines like "Hi" and "Help" will almost certainly be deleted.

I was not clear when I wrote this. I am the owner/moderator of this list. The spam arrives in my mailbox (and mine only) then sits waiting for approval. I don't want to have to read each message before I approve or delete it. That is why I ask for meaningful subject lines. I will delete the ones automatically that look like spam. If your subject line looks like spam, then your message may be deleted as well. Most messages to the list are NOT held up for moderator approval, just the ones which were sent from an address NOT subscribed to the list.

Sorry for the confusion.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC