RTTY

[RTTY] BARTG SS40

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG SS40
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:49:38 +0100
Callsign Used : GM3SEK
Operator(s) : GM3SEK
Band : 40M
Country : Scotland
Club/Team : GMDX

Software: N1MM Logger V6.2.15 in SO2V mode

Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   Sec   Continents
   7      461    461   52   10    6
Total    461    461   52   10    6

Claimed Score : 171,492

Rig : FT1000MP, GS35b

Antennas : 39ft vertical

This was my first BARTG from a new QTH and a new country, so my goal was
to beat my last SS40 score as G3SEK (2004). All 6 continents were in the
bag at the end of the first session, but multipliers were way down
because of the auroras.  On all three nights, auroral flutter on the
north Atlantic path made most W/VE stations completely unprintable.

By Sunday morning, I almost gave up... but European QSOs kept coming and
coming, as more people are catching onto the fun of RTTY contesting. By
staying in the chair, the final QSO total reached 477 (including dupes),
up by over 25% on previous efforts.

But nothing could replace those missing multipliers. Congratulations to
S51MA for a fine score, with exactly the same number of claimed QSOs(!)
and many more mults.

Thanks for all the QSOs, and all the hard work with repeats. Hope to see
many more W/VE stations next time, under better conditions.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK