RTTY

[RTTY] VE3HLS RTTY RU

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] VE3HLS RTTY RU
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:20:29 -0800 (PST)
ARRL RTTY Score Summary Sheet

CallSign Used : VE3HLS
Operator(s) : VE3HLS

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
Band : ALL
Power : LP
Mode : RTTY
Default Exchange : ON
Gridsquare : FN04

ARRL Section : ON
Software : N1MM Logger V9.11.0

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec   Cty
           7       2      2    2    0
          14     123     123   21   26
       Total     125     125   23   26

Score : 6,125
Rig : Elecraft K2
Antenna : 20m vertical w/autotuner

Just got on for a few hours.  This is the first time I've used my K2 in an RTTY
contest and I was very happy with the performance running 8 to 10 watts.  The
filters...wow!

The autotuner would keep the K2 happy on any band, but it really was a poor
radiator on 40 and below.  I changed my strategy to working 20m only, which
gave me Saturday evening off and allowed me a good night's sleep.  I know that
must sound wierd to some of you!

I think I'm going to like RTTY contesting.  No more repeating my call hundreds
of times like I do in CW contests (HLS is really awful in CW, especially when
you're QRP).  A few people didn't get it right, more likely due to QRM, like
the only JA I worked late on Sunday...rats!

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS