RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Dumb question about pileups

To: "'David VE3VID'" <ve3vid@hotmail.com>, "'RTTY contest group'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dumb question about pileups
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:01:08 -0500
Yes, the DX was operating split (most rare DX stations do operate split).  They
were transmitting at 10140 kHz and listening up 2-8
kHz.

There are several ways of making a contact.  One is to find the station the DX
is working and when they are finished with the QSO,
call the DX on that frequency.  This works a lot of times, yet other times
there are so many stations calling on the same frequency
that it's better to move to a clear frequency and call there.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com