RTTY

Re: [RTTY] YAESU FT857d with Writelog.

To: Robb Webb Proprietor of Robb Webb Photography <robb@robbwebbphotography.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] YAESU FT857d with Writelog.
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:46:45 -0500
Robb: I've used my FT-857d on RTTY and it works quite well. It dies NOT do
direct FSK, only FSK by feeding in audio tones. I use MMTTY and N1MM+
logger. Feed audio into the "data" jack and rig control via the CAT
connector.I do not use a PTT line to key the transmitter. I use a CAT
command to key and unkey. Since the Data jack requires higher audio level
than the MIC jack, I've had it work OK without an interface for audio, but
I use an interface with a level control so I can adjust the audio level
with a knob instead of a menu.   --Mike, WV2ZOW