RTTY

Re: [RTTY] RU macros

To: RTTY Contesting <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU macros
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 18:14:11 -0600
On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:
> Peter, this is incorrect on multiple levels, and too snarky by half.

By half?  I'm slipping, clearly.

> 1.  N1MM+ is completely new.  The old Ini file will not work with it, and it
> is not practical to write any sort of a conversion script while it is still
> changing daily.

> 2. I suspect that the "too old" dialog results because you were trying to
> update from one of the betas to the current public release.  What you need
> to do is install the public Full Install
> <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=7>, reboot,

I'm confused.  It's impossible to write a script to help users
transition because the config file changes daily. Makes sense.  But
it's not a beta release?  I'm confused (not a surprise, BTW).  I
gather link above is a stable release. I'm used to versions changing
rapidly because I use the DXLab Suite. But other than test versions
sent to individuals, I don't recall there being releases not intended
for daily use.

The version I have claims to be 0.19.4147.0.

> runs an installer for the update, and then asks you if you want to start the
> new one.  I don't see how that can be made much easier.

As I said, not in the version I have. Having it would have been
easier, IMHO.  I'll try as you say, but I imagine there are a lot of
casual contesters like myself who will just throw up their hands and
stick to the last N1MM Logger-.