RTTY

Re: [RTTY] WPX

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 21:51:54 +0000

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 13:27:27 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm with Ed. There were many times during the WPX that hearing my call come
>back ONCE was a good assurance that they weren't replying to the
>interlopers that just popped up on my QRG.
>
>My call three or four times, not so much... ;) 73 jeff wk6i

REPLY:

I also like to see my call once, but not in reply to my CQ.

Here's how I prefer it:

ME:     CQ WPX W6WRT W6WRT K
HIM:    W1AAA W1AAA
ME:     W1AAA 599 03 03 W1AAA
HIM:    W6WRT 599 05 05  W1AAA
ME:     W1AAA TI W6WRT CQ

I's clear who's calling who and we each see each other's call three
times, which should be enough. In addition, I see him send my call
once, which also should be enough. If my call is garbled I send my
call three times before continuing the exchange. When that happens I
send ONLY my call three times, nothing else. Works for me.

73, Bill W6WRT