RTTY

[RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG COMMENTS
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:10:34 -0600
I had some fun in the BARTG SPRINT> Worked 186 Q's and a score of 49,104
points.

There were two posts about the BARTG exchange that I disagree with. Both
operators stated all they need from a call was the serial number. They did
not want the call sign. I sent NR NR NR KS0M as my exchange in S&P. Here is
one reason why sending only the serial number can be a problem. The band was
crowded, I answered a call, when he replied all I got was "KS0" and callers
on each side of him blasted his reply and I could not copy. I sent "AGN
AGN". Due to the QRM I never got his exchange. I use a 250 HZ filter in
contests and the two close by calls were on the edge of my band pass. I was
going to call him again but then I copied him sending "TU KS0M QRZ BARTG" He
evidently copied the exchange of one of the other close by station who sent
a serial number only. I did not send an exchange. Had the one sending a
number only exchange added hic call, the op I was trying to work would have
realized it was not from me. As a result, he is not in my log, I lost a
contact and he will lose a contact because and maybe be penalized because he
is not in my log. We both wasted out time.
You can keep you exchange too short. I want to make sure in an exchange that
we both know who we are working.

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M