RTTY

Re: [RTTY] parking close by after calling me

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] parking close by after calling me
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:44:36 +0100
Ron and the group,

I had not thought about the implications you mention! However, like Shelby,
I am not too sure I agree with that, but it is a thought!
However, I doubt you could prove it is self-spotting.

It is a common problem for me when I am CQ'ing in a contest, and I
frequently get folk working me, and then parking so close that I can't hear
potential callers. It often works against them, in that I QSY, simply to get
a clear frequency.
The usual culprits are UT stations, but they are not alone.

I do not have big antennas, and only run 100 watts max, so I simply can't
compete with these much louder stations.

Oh well, it's only a bit of fun, isn't it????

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100705-1, 05/07/2010
Tested on: 06/07/2010 18:44:36