RTTY

Re: [RTTY] WTB: PK232

To: RTTY <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WTB: PK232
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 11:21:14 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 29 May 2004, Bob Wanderer wrote:

-> My circa-1988 PK-232 got zapped.  Anybody have a PK-232 to
-> sell?  I'd prefer a later version that works with AEA's
-> Windows-based software, but the earlier DOS version will do
-> fine.

Ahh, WF1B and a PK-232.  That's how W5YM (N5UWY, Op) got 1st place, SOHP,
Ark section in the 1996 Roundup.  Had a Timewave DSP box as well.  Fun
stuff.

eBay has several listed and searching for 'pk 232' worked better than
searching for 'pk232'.

Since the connection between PC and PK is via RS232, why does the type of
software matter?  Are there functions in the unit that some versions of
the software don't know about?

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9