RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Does Belkin F5U103 work on Windows XP?

To: jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Does Belkin F5U103 work on Windows XP?
From: Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:59:57 -0500
I have two Belkin's and used them with XP on older computers for FSK and
Freq control - had no issues.

Except one - I lost its installation CD and later on was not able to install
with my new computer with XP also.
Then I bought one from www.usbgear.com - really good adaptor (two in one
box) and using it now.

73's Andrei NP3D

2009/11/17 Jan Palmquist <jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se>

> Hi Jim
>
> I have a F5U103 running fine on XP, had no
> problems at all, just followed the book I think.
>
> Anyway, today I use Microkeyer from MicroHam. It does
> true baudot very well and lots more too. It is more
> expensive but is an excellent unit for RTTY contesting,
> also for CW with it's WinKey.
>
> 73's de Jan - SM5FUG
>
> > I need to test a TNC that has a serial port.  None of my computers
> > have serial ports anymore.  I looked at Don AA5AU's web page and saw
> > his recommendation for the Belkin F5U103.  However, he could get get
> > it to work on Windows XP.  I am not running any operating system older
> > than XP, and I'd like to get the best USB to Serial adapter that money
> > can buy.  Is there another option?
> >
> > Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D