RTTY

Re: [RTTY] Contest Behavior

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest Behavior
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:28:40 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:25:19 -0600, you wrote:

>Of course there are many variables on the behavior. Another annoying one is
>when the caller station sends my own call 2 times before the report, I know my
>call, I don?t need to read it,

REPLY:
I think the best thing for the CQ station to send is like this:

XE1EE 599 001 001 XE1EE

The reason for sending your call twice is not for you, it's for other
stations who may be calling on top of each other. Often the first XE1EE is
covered by QRM so the second XE1EE lets everyone know who the report is
for.

Make sense?

Bill, W6WRT