SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Faulty Number Keys

To: "SD Reflector" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Faulty Number Keys
From: "Ivan Wilson" <ivan_wilson@onetel.net.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:20:31 +0100
Hi John and Paul,

> I have the same problem with numbers 2 and 3 on "Caps Lock" and I do not
have
> the file SD.MAP on my computer.

I also didn't have the SD.MAP file on my PC, so after a bit of head
scratching and realising that my 'office' PC worked fine with the Windows SD
programs, I started a comparison of Windows settings on the 2 PCs.

Soon spotted that the 'office' PC had more lines in Autoexec.bat and
Config.sys files than 'radio' PC, so started inputting lines. As to be
expected, it was the last one which sorted the problem!

Added the following, but it was the 'keyb uk.............' line which
clinched it, so not sure whether or not the others were necessary - leave
that to the Windows experts!

Config.sys file additions:
Country=044,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

Autoexec.bat file additions:
mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb uk,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

Also, the @ and # are in the 'right' place and the 'tilde' works!

Regards - Ivan G4BGW