SD-User

RE: [SD-User] Very slow characters

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [SD-User] Very slow characters
From: "Zoltan Bordas" <borzol@sbelektronik.alphanet.ro>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:46:55 +0300
 Hello Paul,

Concerning the slow characters:

I reinstalled the Windows 2000 from scratch on the
home computer. The following are my observations -
maybe helps.

With a fresh W2k everything is OK, no slow
characters on the screen, until I finish to
install the new videocard driver. I have the
Gigabyte AV64S-T card (Radeon 7000E chip). I
installed the driver V6.14.10.6396 and SD still
works OK. Then I installed the control panel for
the card - control-panel-7-95-031028m-011774c.
This causes the delay of the characters! From now
on, I have the delay on the first panels of SD,
and slightly (barely noticeable) also on the QSO
entry pane.

I found a new driver for this videocard, probably
today evening I will make the upgrade to see if
the problem persists.

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

____

All outgoing&incoming emails scanned with NAV2003
Pro.