SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Error 6 when using Super Partial Check (SPC)

To: SD User Group <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Error 6 when using Super Partial Check (SPC)
From: Steve Rawlings <steve@alg.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:31:52 +0000
PC problem resolved!

I am very grateful to Paul for telephoning me to clarify the details, and
for pointing me in the right direction.  Unbeatable product support!

(And I still feel bad about giving Paul some duff information during our
telephone conversation . . .   causing Paul to offer to re-write his code -
just to improve the chance of getting his fine SD-DOS software to work on
my ancient PC!)

Anyway, as expected, there was nothing wrong with SD.  The problem turned
out to be a corrupt MASTER.DTA file.  Using Netscape 4.6, I had _twice_
downloaded the MASTER.DTA file from:
http://www.k5zd.com/scp
and ended up with the Error 6 on both occasions.

After talking with Paul, I then downloaded MASTER.DTA a third time; but,
this time, using MS Internet Explorer.  This instantly fixed the problem.

So it looks like I get to keep my old 386 laptop PC for a while yet . . .
but Netscape 4.6 (on our main 'family computer') has to go.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG