SD-User

[SD-User] Lost Contacts.

To: "SD-USER@CONTESTING.COM" <SD-USER@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [SD-User] Lost Contacts.
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:09:03 +0000 (UTC)
I was doing the GASA CW Contest last evening.
With seventy odd contacts in the log I had a PC crash with the message. 'SD=
.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close.The crash was unrelated to
'SD'. It appears due to a problem with the USB H=
ub when the Installation Wizard=C2=A0 for the hub appeared onscreen. I use =
a mass storage device to run 'SD' through the hub - bad practice?
Upon re-booting and loading up 'sd' once more (V18:04) the log showed only =
the first 8 contacts. looking at the AUD file shows only the same 8 contact=
s so I guess they are irretrievably lost. I don't know why those last sixty=
 odd weren't stored when the prog was running quite normally until the cras=
h.
What to do about the log, I continued with a further couple of hundred cont=
acts. If I submit as a checklog then there will be all of those 'Not In Log=
' deletions for those I worked and I don't wish that to happen or I could n=
ot submit the log. Maybe the log checkers could do something if I send them=
 a note but it will be time consuming for them. Any suggestions guys?
73=C2=A0 Brian C4Z / 5B4AIZ.