SD-User

Re: [SD-User] USB Rig Control

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] USB Rig Control
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 17:23:38 +0100
Rig control from SD works on all Kenwood rigs with USB ports.

Connect a USB cable from between your PC and the TS-590G, as described on Page 73 of your rig's manual. You'll need a USB cable with the corresponding connectors.  Then use SD's PORTS command to assign the appropriate port number for rig control.

73,
Paul EI5DI

On 05/09/2020 12:55, Robert Offer wrote:
Hello
I'm new to HF Contesting, SD and almost new to the TS-590SG.
I want to set up for rig control for HF SSB NFD today and have been banging
my head trying to connect, then discovered that it probably won't connect
via USB - Why?
I thought I'd try a serial cable I have for connecting to the radio -
previously un used only to find that I have a reverse engineered port on
the rear of the radio so the lead won't connect :(
Is there any way I can get the computer to talk to the logging programme -
the radio talks to the computer nicely but not the logging programme.
Thanks
Bob, G1ZJP